I am an advocate of internet security and I despise hackers and data breachers. I feel relieved to have a reputable software installed on my computer but I am also at ease to know that there are leading companies who are dedicated in providing identity theft protection services such as Affinion Security Center.
The information below are taken from “Affinion Security Center Launches Medical Identity Theft Benefits and Other Enhancements to Industry-Leading BreachShield Product” press release. You can find the entire release here.
To combat the problem, the newly enhanced BreachShield(SM) includes a wide array of new benefits for companies to offer their consumers in the event of a breach of their personal data, including medical information. The new benefits include the following:
* Internet Surveillance – Real-time, web-crawling technology monitors underground chat rooms, websites and blogs where thieves trade and sell stolen Social Security numbers and credit/debit card data. Should any of the monitored information be found on these web portals, members are automatically sent an email alert, enabling them to act quickly and re-secure their compromised information.
* DataSweep – Comprehensively monitors up to three of each of physical addresses, email addresses and telephone numbers on Internet directories – prime sources of data for spammers and thieves. Every two weeks, DataSweep checks online directories and search engines and lets members know if their monitored personal information is available for public viewing. They will know exactly which sites are displaying their information, and are provided with advice on how to request removal of their information from a particular website when applicable.
* Fraud Assist Toolbox – A convenient, online tool that helps streamline the identity theft recovery process. Members simply select the type of problem they are facing, and the guide will provide step-by-step instructions for resolving the issue. Members can choose to set fraud alerts, stop pre-approved credit offers, and stop unwanted telemarketing calls.
* Credit Card Registration – Members can store information from credit, bank, and department store and other retail cards in a single, secure location. Should these items become lost or stolen, members can cancel these cards and request replacement with one toll-free call.
* Up to $1,000,000 in Identity Theft Insurance Protection – Insurance includes coverage for unauthorized fund transfers, legal expenses, and the costs of re-filing applications for credit and notarizing affidavits in each case, resulting from the theft of a member’s identity.
Nathaniel Lipman is the current President, Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of the Affinion Group. Through Nathaniel Lipman’s leadership, the Affinion Group has grown to be the world’s leader in membership services, insurance providers, loyalty programs, value-added checking programs, and security services.